Shortcut Carrot Cake
- Prep Time: 30 minutes ( 1 hours)
- Serving Size: 18
- 1 package (2-layer size) Spice Cake Mix
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots (about Half Pound)
- 1 can (8 ounce) Crushed Pineapple, Drained
- 1 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans, Divided
- 2 package (8 ounce each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 cup Powder Sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounce) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, Thawed
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package, stirring in carrots, pineapple and 3/4 cup of the pecans until well blended. Pour into 2 (9-inch) square baking pans. Bake 25 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer or wire whisk until well blended. Stir in whipped topping until well blended.
PLACE 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread with 1-1/2 cups of the cream cheese mixture. Carefully place second cake layer on top of first cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining cream cheese mixture. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Looking for a simple dessert to serve at a party? This quick version of a classic serves 18 people.
Substitute yellow cake mix plus 2 tsp. ground cinnamon for the spice cake mix.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS